Thursdays, Oct. 12 & 26 (must attend both classes)
Class fee: $40 + materials
If you want to make socks but are concerned about how much yarn you have - especially if the socks’ intended recipient has larger-than-average feet - or want to easily try the socks on as you go, then making a pair of toe-up socks is worth a try. We’ll be working with the Towanda Socks pattern by Heather Hill - they’re worked in a DK-weight yarn, so you’ll be done with your first sock in no time flat!
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Use Judy’s Magic Cast-On
- Work a toe-up sock with flap-and-gusset construction
- Use the sewn bind-off
- Knit, purl, increase, decrease
- Work in the round
- Read a standard knitting pattern
- Read your work (can you tell knits from purls?)
- US 4 / 3.5mm needles in DPNs / long circular (32” / 80cm) and in preferred configuration for working small-circumference items in the round
- 2 balls Berroco Spree (56% wool / 44% cotton, handwash only) or 1 ball West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK (100% British wool, machine washable)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Homework: Please download the Towanda Socks pattern and have it ready in the format of your choice (digital or print is fine). We'll start the socks in the first class.