This is the class you want if you have ever made a pair of socks and been disappointed with how they fit… or if you want to make socks for someone who has different size feet, or has other fitting issues (think extra-wide feet, super-narrow feet, or high arches). Learn how to rethink sock patterns and modify them for any foot! Deb Romero is a guest instructor who will be joining us from Wichita, Kansas.
- Class dates: Sundays, October 16 / October 30 / November 13, 1-3 PM PST each session
- Class fee: $75 (includes all handouts; materials purchased through Stilly River Yarns are eligible for a 20% discount). Please note: we may be able to offer you financial assistance through our Community Crafters' Fund. Please send us an email at Lindsey@stillyriveryarns.com; any inquiries remain confidential.
- Prerequisites: must understand top down sock construction/sock terminology and have knitted at least one pair of socks; must be comfortable with using the needle configuration you’re planning on using in class (double points, magic loop, 9” needle, 2 circulars)
- Materials: 100g fingering-weight yarn with at least 10% nylon, needles in your preferred configuration for sock knitting, in sizes US0 - US2 (or US2.5), 2 “lightbulb”/safety-pin stitch markers, 5 other stitch markers in form of your choice, tapestry/darning needle, scissors, rigid measuring tool (ruler), dressmaker's measuring tape
- Homework: Come to class with a swatch knit with at least 3” in stockinette in EACH of the following 3 needle sizes US0, US1, US1.5 - use the same brand of sock yarn as you want to knit your socks in. If you are unable to complete all 3 sections, please - at a minimum - complete a section with US0 and a section with US1. Do 2 rows of purl between sections when you change needles. Please bind off - this will be a sample you keep as a reference.