Some of the most common questions we field in the shop involve how different fibers behave - can you make a cabled sweater out of 100% alpaca? Which sock yarn should you use to make socks that will wear like iron? Why did the superwash wool you used in your hat get so slouchy, and can you redeem it? The truth of the matter is that not all fibers behave the same way, and many fiber crafters don’t know that until a project (or eight) go horribly awry. In this two-hour lecture-based workshop, we’ll go over the different properties of different fibers, talk about the best way to use them (and which projects to avoid with them!), and how to care for them as you embark on and finish projects.
- Class dates/times: Sunday, June 7, 10 AM - noon PST -OR- Thursday, June 11, 7 - 9 PM PST -OR- Sunday, July 12, 4 - 6 PM PST
- Class fee: $25 (includes handouts) - pay-what-you-can available
- Prerequisite skills: None
- Materials: Pen/pencil for taking notes
- Homework: If you’ve had a project fail - or work spectacularly well! - and you suspect your yarn/fiberchoice may have been part of the failure/success, bring that story with you!