Gauge Your Success: HYBRID
Ahhhhh, gauge. You've probably heard how important it is to making garments that fit... but you've probably also heard horror stories about how gauge swatches have lied to crafters.
In this class, you'll learn how designers come up with their gauge statements for their patterns, how to identify information in the pattern that might impact your gauge, how to use what you know about your own crochet or knitting tendencies to make good choices as you swatch, and how to work an accurate gauge swatch for your own projects.
(If you need financial assistance, please let us know in the comments section at check-out; we will let you know what we have available in the Community Crafting Fund. Your inquiry will remain confidential.)
- At this time, masks must be worn to attend all in-person group classes.
- Prerequisite skills: none, though you will get more out of the class if you have completed a few projects
- Required materials: something to write with; optional - a pattern you have questions about regarding gauge / swatching
- Attendance: This class will be presented both in-person and over Zoom. Please indicate your attendance plans as you register.
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 2, 1-2:30 PM Pacific