Welcome to Mosaic Knitting: Fishway Stitch Pattern (HYBRID)
Mosaic knitting is one of the under-loved color work skills in the great big world of knitting - believe it or not, the complex motifs you see from designers like Ambah O'Brien and Barbara Benson (Tumped Duck Designs) are all worked with knits, purls, yarnovers, and slipped stitches.
In this class, you will learn the basics of mosaic knitting while working the stitch pattern that we featured in our 2022 Puget Sound LYS Tour pattern, Fishway (pictured here); you'll also get some extra stitch patterns to practice in dishcloths if you want to do so before you pick your first big mosaic project, plus a complimentary copy of the Fishway cowl pattern.
(If you need financial assistance, please let us know in the comments section at check-out; we will let you know what we have available in the Community Crafting Fund. Your inquiry will remain confidential.)
- At this time, masks must be worn to attend all in-person group classes.
- Prerequisite skills: Knitting and purling, basic familiarity with knitting pattern terminology
- Yarn: provided as part of your class fees; we will use 2 contrasting colors of Berroco Vintage. (If you prefer to use a vegan yarn option, please indicate that at checkout; there will be a $3 surcharge due to the difference in cost between Pima 100 and Vintage.)
- Needles: US 7 / 4.5mm or US 8 / 5.0mm needles - either straight or circular needles (24" or under) are appropriate for this class
- Class date / time: Saturday, Nov. 5, 3:15 - 5:15 PM. This class is available in hybrid mode, so please indicate whether you will attend in-person or on Zoom. (Please note - registration for the Zoom option will close on Saturday, October 30 to allow for time to prepare and ship your yarn kit prior to class.)