Designing Visual Project Trackers: HYBRID
CLASS DATE: Saturday, Sept. 9, 3-5 PM Pacific Time
Class fee: $35
You may attend this class in-person or virtually - please indicate how you will attend when you register.
If you’ve ever struggled to remember where you are in a pattern… or puzzled over just how many repeats you need to work to get to a measurement as indicated in a pattern… or you just like having a tangible, visible record of where you are in a given project, then join us for our Visual Project Trackers class! We’ll take a look at what simple trackers and more complex project trackers look like, then we’ll walk through a pattern to help you get an idea of which visual project tracking elements / layouts work best for you.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Identify pattern elements that lend themselves to the visual tracking system
- “Translate” written pattern language into a more user-friendly graphic format
- Use a gauge swatch to inform your crafting process beyond just “will this fit?”
- Able to read a basic crochet or knitting pattern
- Understand abbreviations for basic stitches, increases, and decreases in your craft
- Ruler / rigid straight edge tool
- Colored pencils OR multicolor pens / markers
- Your favorite type of notebook (we’ll provide looseleaf graph paper)
- A pattern you’d like to try “translating”